5 Fitness Tips for Beginners
Starting to exercise can feel like a daunting task. Perhaps you want to live a healthier lifestyle, but don’t know where to start?
Here are five fitness tips to help get you going and off of the couch.
1. Set small daily goals for yourself and aim for consistency rather than perfect workouts. It’s much better for you to walk every day for 15-20 minutes, than to wait until the weekend for a three-hour exercise marathon.
2. Aim to jog, briskly walk, dance or cycle for 30 minutes three to five times a week. Find which of these best suits you, and you enjoy the most. If you absolutely hate the type of exercise you’re doing, you’re unlikely to be able to keep doing it regularly.
3. Find a friend to exercise with you. It’s often much easier to stick to your exercise routine when you have someone to help keep you company, and keep you accountable.
4. Distract yourself during exercise by listening to music, an audiobook or your favourite podcast. Many people find it’s much easier to exercise if they’re listening to something they enjoy.
5. Remember to be patient with yourself when you start a new exercise program. It will take about four to eight weeks for most people to get used to a new exercise routine, so stick with it in order to see results.