Easy One-Dish Meals
One-dish meals are great at saving time and effort, because you just combine simple ingredients into one pot for a complete meal, that requires no extra work.
These quick and easy one-dish recipes are simple enough for weeknights and special enough for when you have company coming over.
Easy One-Pot Lasagna
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 Italian sausage links, casing removed
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried origanum
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
250 grams farfalle pasta
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks. Drain excess fat.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, origanum, basil, garlic powder and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and add mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir until well combined.
6. Using a small spoon, top the lasagne with dollops of ricotta and cover until heated through, about 2-4 minutes.
7. Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables in Mustard-Tarragon Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 1/4 teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
4 small potatoes, sliced
2 large carrots, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
3 cloves of garlic
8 large chicken drumsticks
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon quick mixing flour
1 tablespoon coarse grain Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
1. Heat oven to 235 degrees Celsius. Toss 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper with potatoes, carrots, garlic and lemon in a large roasting pan.
2. Rub chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Arrange on top of the vegetables in the pan. Add the wine.
3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is done and golden. Remove chicken and keep warm. In a small bowl, stir together cream, flour, mustard, and tarragon until smooth. Then, stir into drippings in the pan with the vegetables.
4. Bake 5 to 8 more minutes, stirring once, until thickened. Serve chicken with the vegetables. Sprinkle with additional chopped tarragon, if desired.
Image: Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables in Mustard-Tarragon Sauce [online image] (2014) sourced on 8 March 2018 from https://hips.hearstapps.com/clv.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/10/54f4a3e658766_-_recipes-chicken-and-drumsticks-1214.jpg?crop=1.0xw:1xh;center,top&resize=980:*