Fashion Hacks You Need Right Now
We all have those days where an accident or spill can turn a carefully planned outfit into a fashion disaster, and potentially ruin a garment forever. Here are seven hacks to help you, next time you run into fashion trouble:
1. To unstick a difficult zipper, rub Vaseline, crayon wax, or the end of a graphite pencil along its teeth, to help it slide more smoothly.
2. If you accidentally get water stains on your favourite leather jacket, simply spray the stain with a mixture of cold water and vinegar, and then rub gently.
3. To get rid of a red wine stain on your favourite white blouse, pour club soda onto the stain and then blot it with a towel. Then pop it in the wash, and repeat this process until the stain is gone. Don’t let it try, or the stain will set!
4. To prevent your lovely dark jeans fading in the wash, simply add half a cup of vinegar to the last cycle.
5. If a lapel on your shirt or jacket just won’t stay put, use a piece of double-sided tape to keep it in place. You could also use a hair straightener to iron your collar.
6. To remove pesky yellow sweat stains from shirts, first spray the area with lemon juice, and then pop them in the wash.
7. To stop a loose button from falling off, paint a layer of clear nail polish over the threads to keep it in place.