CELLC.MOBI CONTENT SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- The content and services (“the Content”) available on the cellc.mobi portal and USSD menu are licensed to you as a user (“you”) subject to the terms and conditions contained herein
- By accessing, downloading or subscribing to receive the Content, and/or making use of the Content Subscription Services you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein. The provision of the Content and the Content Subscription Services is governed by the applicable legislation.
- The Content is provided to you at a fixed recurring fee (in the case of subscription services) or at a once-off access fee. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand these fees when opting-in to receive access to the Content and/or when making use of the Content Subscription Services.
- Prior to being granted access to the Content, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the associated fees by completing Cell C’s double opt-in process. No billing will take place against your account and you will not receive any Content until this double opt-in process is completed.
- Unless otherwise stated, all fees exclude data, SMS, MMS and associated delivery and access charges. Standard data, SMS and MMS charges apply.
- The Content and Content Subscription Services made available to you is either owned by Cell C or licensed to Cell C, by the owner of the Content.
- Any and all copyright and other intellectual property rights associated with the Content remains the property of Cell C, or of the original owner in the case of licensed Content.
- You are only entitled to use and store one (1) copy of any unique item of Content made available to you.
- The Content is provided to you for personal use only. You are expressly prohibited from forwarding, duplicating, replicating, reverse-engineering or otherwise manipulating the Content for use in any way.
- You are responsible for ensuring that unauthorised persons do not gain access to the Content or make use of the Content Subscription Services wherever reasonably possible. You will be held liable for any breaches of these terms and conditions, should an unauthorised person gain access to the Content and use it in any way prohibited. by these terms and conditions.
- Notwithstanding the double opt-in process, you further agree that you will be liable for all charges and fees in connection with the provision of Content and/or use of the Content Subscription Services by any third party, either authorized or unauthorized by yourself.
- If your SIM Card and/or devices are lost or stolen then you must immediately inform Cell C so that we can protect your interests and blacklist your devices from further use and/or block the use of your SIM Card. You will remain liable for all charges for the Content Subscription Services until you have asked us to block further use of your SIM Card and/or devices. You will not be liable for any charges incurred in respect of these Content Subscription Services by any unauthorised person after you have requested us to block your SIM Card and/or devices.
- Cell C may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions, in its sole and absolute discretion, and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. Cell C will notify you before Cell C amends or otherwise changes the terms and conditions.
- Each time you access the cell.mobi website, the Cell C USSD Entertainment Menu or respond to a promotional message distributing the Content you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, as may be modified from time to time.
- You may cancel the Content Subscription Services at any time by sending an SMS containing the relevant “stop” command to 14788 (this SMS is free). The applicable “stop” command to the Content you have subscribed to will be provided to you by SMS when you complete the double opt-in process
- No refunds whatsoever will be made on termination of your Content Subscription Services.
- Cell C reserves the right to immediately suspend the Content Subscription Services should any fraudulent activity be suspected, and if the outcome of an investigation proves that fraudulent activity did occur, Cell C shall be entitled to terminate the Content Subscription Services immediately.
- Cell C and any of its agents, directors, affiliates, members or employees shall not be responsible in any way for claims, loss or damages (either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise), arising from a customers’ use of the Content Subscription Services.
- Cell C has the right to withdraw, or shorten the duration of the availability of the Content Subscription Services in its sole and absolute discretion and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against Cell C in this event.
- Any words, views or opinions expressed anywhere in the Content does not in any way reflect the views and opinions of Cell C.
- By agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions of use, you give Cell C the necessary consent to send you targeted direct marketing messages based on historical subscription data. You are entitled to opt out of these direct marketing messages with the applicable “stop” command provided to you in such messages
General Rules of the Cell C Content Clubs and Monthly Prize Giveaways
It is important that if you understand and agree to these terms and conditions in order for you to participate in the Promotion.
- This Promotion is organised and sponsored by Cell C (Pty) Limited, registration number 1999/007722/07 (“Cell C“). The Cell C airtime prize giveaway is open to all Prepaid and TopUp Cell C customers who subscribe to specific Cell C Content Services during the Promotion Period (defined below) – MyFaith, GodTV, Christian Prayers or God is Love. The Cell C Data bundle voucher prize giveaway is open to all Prepaid, Contract and TopUp Cell C customers who subscribe to specific Cell C Content Services during the Promotion Period (defined below) – Bible Verses or Spiritual Blessings.
- Directors, members, partners, employees or agents of or consultants to CellC, or their sponsorship agency, or spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates of such persons are not eligible for the Promotion and cannot win prizes.
- The Cell C airtime and Data bundle voucher promotion will run from 9th March – 3rd April 2018. (“the Promotion Period”).
- You understand that all information (including these terms and conditions) relating to this Promotion published on any promotional or advertising material or on our website at any time before or during the Promotion Period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Cell C also has the right to withdraw this Promotion before the final day.
- Cell C reserves the right to withdraw this Promotion or amend the terms and conditions of this Promotion at any time before the Promotion Period is over, in its absolute and sole discretion, on notice to you.
- Number of Cell C airtime vouchers to be given away – 100 Winners: R100 airtime per winner drawn.
- Number of Cell C Data bundle vouchers to be given away is 20. Winners will get 1GB of data sent by SMS to their Cell C account with a voucher pin.
- You understand and agree that you cannot exchange your prize for cash. Cell C reserves the right to substitute or exchange any prize with another prize of similar commercial value without notice, in their sole discretion. You will not have a claim against Cell C in this instance.
How to participate and awarding of prizes
- To participate to the Cell C airtime Promotion, you must subscribe to a Cell C mobile content service on cell.mobi or services under WIN (Option 2) on the *147*6# USSD menu during the promotional period.
- To participate to the Cell C Data voucher Promotion, you must click onto the banner for either Fresh Emoji or Love and Relationship Tips if a customer lands on the Out of Funds page.
- Once you have met all the conditions set out in paragraph 3.1 and 3.2 above, you will automatically be entered to stand a chance to win.
- Cell C airtime winners will be sent an SMS from a Cell C shortcode – 14788 between the 9th – 13th April 2018.
- Cell C Data bundle voucher winners will be sent an SMS from a Cell C shortcode – 14788 between the 9th – 13th April 2018.
- Cell C has the right at any time before the final day to change the dates or places of the prize giveaways (or both). You will not have a claim against Cell C in this instance. No more winners will be awarded after the 16th of April 2018.
- Cell C reserves the right to verify, by whatever means necessary, your eligibility to participate in this Promotion.
- Any prize that is not claimed for whatever reason will be forfeited.
If you are a winner
- The judges’ decision is final. Cell C confirms that it will ensure that a chartered accountant, registered auditor, admitted attorney or commissioner of oaths conducts the draw and this will be reported on Cell C’s internal audit reporting procedures.
- If you are a Cell C airtime winner, you will be contacted by SMS from a Cell C 14788 shortcode with an airtime voucher pin.
- If you are a Cell C Data bundle voucher winner, you will be contacted by SMS from a 14788 shortcode with a data bundle voucher pin.
- Cell C cannot be held liable for the interception or loss of your personal information while transmitted, stored or processed across the internet, including social media sites and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
- User data collected via the Promotion will not be used for any other purpose than for the
- All participants in the Promotion and winners indemnify Cell C, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this Promotion.
- Cell C may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion on notice to you and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. By participating or continuing to participate in the Promotion, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.