Wednesday Gaming – Mario Ambassador Role, Stray, Raspberry Pi and MORE!
Catch up on the latest news, rumours and announcements from the world of video games, tech and entertainment:
– Charles Martinet, the former voice behind Mario, among other iconic Nintendo characters, and newly-instated Mario ambassador, says he has no idea what his new position entails.
– Per a quote from Martinet after recently appearing at Galaxycon Austin 2023: “I’m not retired as it were, but I’m an ambassador. As we step forward into the future, we’ll all learn exactly what that is … I’m always an ambassador of Nintendo and Mario at all of these events, because I just cherish every moment of it.”
– Toshihiro Nagoshi, the producer behind “F-Zero GX”, one of the most popular racing titles on the GameCube console, says that he is open to working with Nintendo to make a sequel game.
– An animated movie based on “Stray”, the popular post-apocalyptic puzzle-platformer, is currently in the pipeline. Development will be helmed by Annapurna Animation. More details as we have it!
– Three men were recently arrested in Lubbock, Texas, for using Raspberry Pi devices to bypass security systems on ATMs in order to commit a series of burglaries, including stealing $5 000 from a single ATM.
Check in again next week for the latest video game news – ’til then, keep up the button-mashing!
Image Credit: Source