Danish Mass Shooting Devastates Harry Styles
Harry Styles has revealed that the deadly mall shooting in Copenhagen, Denmark has left him “devastated” and “heartbroken” after he needed to cancel a nearby show.
The shooting took place at a nearby mall around 5:30PM on Sunday, 3 July, less than a mile from the Royal Arena, where Styles was scheduled to perform. It left three people dead and four critically injured.
Large crowds had already gathered inside the arena before the cancellation was announced, leaving fans uncertain about the best steps to take for their own safety.
Taking to Twitter on Monday, 4 July, the “As It Was” singer shared: “I’m heartbroken along with the people of Copenhagen. I adore this city. The people are so warm and full of love. I’m devastated for the victims, their families, and everyone hurting. I’m sorry we couldn’t be together. Please look after each other.”
However, the Danish police have been praised for their quick response and assistance with the evacuation process. They were said to have escorted the crowd to a nearby train station and made plans for the young fans’ safety.
Jan Muller, an avid Styles fan, said: “In the meantime they contacted everyone’s parents, which I thought was really considerate, knowing that his audience is mostly under-18-year-old girls, so parents were waiting for them at the next train station.”
The police are currently still investigating the shooting.
Image Credit: Source